Welcome to Derby, Vermont
The Town of Derby was chartered on October 29, 1779. The Town consists of 37,696 acres of land, and incorporates the villages of Derby Center, Derby Line and Beebe, Vermont. There are several bodies of water located in the Town consisting of Lake Memphremagog, Derby Lake also known as Derby Pond, Salem Lake consisting of Big and Little Salem, Clyde Pond and Brownington Pond. The Clyde River is Derby’s only river extending from Island Pond to Newport running twenty-five miles long.
Derby is located on the Canadian Border with an opera house which has the US & Canadian boundary line running through it. Canusa Avenue is also located in the Town of Derby in which the yellow line in the middle of the road divides Canada and the USA thus how the street acquired its name CANada USA forming CANUSA Avenue.
Click the following link to view the Derby Town Report 2014
PROPERTY TAXES DUE OCTOBER 15TH BY 5:00PM